Image Map

Poetry Month - Emily Dickinson


"He ate and drank the precious words,          
His spirit grew robust;
He knew no more that he was poor, 
Nor that his frame was dust. 
He danced along the dingy days,              
And this bequest of wings     
Was but a book.
What liberty    
A loosened spirit brings!"
-Emily Dickinson

This poem is one of my favorites because I have felt what it describes.  My favorite poems make me laugh or they give expression to what I am unable to express but wish I could.

Emily Dickinson said it best when she defined poetry this way: “If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can warm me I know that is poetry. If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. These are the only way I know it. Is there any other way?”

- Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment