Picture yourself in a hammock in the shade, on a warm beach, on a boat with a book in your hands; no demands; no deadlines just comfort and escape. Not on your summer schedule? If the best you can hope for is stolen minutes with a book between tests and homework; on a bus or in a car pool, snatches of reading between responses to countless demands and requests then you need a beach read more than ever.
Here are some books that will fill the bill:
1. Watership Down by Richard Adams
2. Maisie Dobbs (series) by Jacqueline Winspear
3. Bess Crawford Mysteries by Charles Todd (a mother/son writing team)
4. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Series by Alan Bradley
5. At Home in Mitford (series) by Jan Karon
6. Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters
7. Eyre Affair (Thursday Next series) by Jasper Fforde
8. Death At La Fenice ( Guido Brunetti series) by Donna Leon
9. The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon K Penman
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
11. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
12. Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
First - share your escape reads so I can relax with something new.
Second – Relax and READ!!